It is created to give a better feel and look to the UI (User Interface). We are still using Window form for UI design, data binding etc. but WPF is having better features and it is very user friendly while development.
WPF is part of Microsoft .Net Framework, It has made easier and convenient for the developers by providing 2D Graphics, 3D Graphics, Multimedia, Application UI and document associated on a single platform which helps the developers to develop a rich, interactive, scalable UI. WPF has made easier to create a user friendly ui/ux design because it is very important for the developers to create a user friendly application where the user can access the full application properly and effectively to use all the functionality of the application properly. A user friendly and easy to use UI application give this freedom to all the users where the users can finished the his job in no time without any complexity, it saves lots of time and increase the productivity of the users.
In the present scenario where a designer design the UI with the help of graphical tool for creating images, screen layouts according to the requirement and pass that design to the developers. The developer’s job is to write code for the design so that it looks real. Some time it is quite easy for the developer to write code for the given design but most of the time developer takes lots of time in writing code or get difficulties in implementing the code, to come over this type of situation WPF provides a platform where Designer and software developers company works parallely to develop a seamless and quality product. WPF starts using XAML (extensible Application markup language) which consist of a set of XML, which describe the look and feel of the UI. XAML provides a friendly tool to describe UI and it gives a better platform for Designers and Developers to work together.
WPF is very rich when it when it comes to look and feel of the application.
Procedures/Steps what we will take during the process of migration of MS NAV 2020: –
1.) View the System Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics NAV R2 and analyze the current NAV system.
2.) Preparing action plan to Upgrade
- Migrating to Microsoft Dynamics NAV with Microsoft SQL Server via Native Server
- Verify that the user performing the upgrade has the necessary roles and permissions in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Verify that there are no locked objects in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV database.
- Identify the User Credential accessibility and Back up the database
3.) Disabling Integration Properties for the Database
4.) Testing the Old Database
5.) Other Product Changes That May Affect Upgrade
- Import and export of Excel workbooks uses the OpenXML Spreadsheet document format,
- Key generation and storage for Payment Service and it support and services for MS Dynamic ERP
- Change log support for sessions in multiple language
- Error when Importing XML ports created with 2016 to 2019
6.) Upgrading the Application Code
- Updating Partner Solutions
- Identifying Customized Objects
- Comparing Versions
- Exporting All Objects
7.) Upgrading the Data
- Upgrading Company-Specific Data
- Upgrading Data Common to All Companies
- Deleting Unused
- Testing the New Database
- The work is divided into two steps: Step 1 covers tasks that involve the existing data in the old version objects. You perform Step 1 tasks using the NAV version of the software development firm, which is the component that was known as the Classic client in NAV. You can use either the NAV SP1 or Microsoft Dynamics NAV version of the client. Step 2 covers tasks that involve changes to the existing data with the new version objects. You perform Step 2 tasks using the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment.
8.) There are some sections review changes in specific application areas on a table-by-table basis.
- Upgrading Kitting to Assembly Management
- Table Changes for Supply Chain Management
- Table Changes for Cost Accounting
- Table Changes for Cash Flow